Monday, July 23, 2012

HOPE for Emily


As a teacher, there are students who make such an impact on your life, you'll remember them forever. Emily was one of those students for me. She came to my eighth grade gifted class brilliant, beautiful, sensitive, caring, talented, creative, and REAL. She inspired me, made me laugh, and motivated me to be a better teacher. Today, Emily is a young married woman who is battling cancer and who needs an outpouring of HOPE. As she has bravely battled this disease for the past several years, she continues to face obstacles and challenges head-on, and as I would have expected her to handle them - with grace and humility. Recently, Emily requested that friends and family send her images of HOPE - that she might use those images to draw strength and peace during this very challenging time of her life. When I shared a little of her story with the 47 children at the orphanage here in Kenya, they wanted to send Emily this image. So, Emily, this is with love from children who came out of despair into hope... wishing you courage, faith, and hope and sending you our prayers for your healing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all the hope! I am feeling it! And sending it back.

    ReplyDelete