Friday, October 10, 2014

Returning to Kenya

I've made two trips to Kenya since this blog was last updated. In December, 2013, Lauren and I spent Christmas hosting 32 kids from the orphanage at our house in Limuru. It was a wonderful, exhausting trip (explains why I didn't blog). In May, 2014, I returned on my own to spend two weeks at the LCC taking care of various projects and enjoying the company of our Kenyan family.

I'll be returning to Kenya next week (October 14-28, 2014) and look forward to spending time at Uhuru Academy, a boarding high school for girls and doing some training for the moms at the LCC. I'll be spending time with John and many of my Kenyan friends and visiting a few new projects. I hope to make time on this trip for blog updates.

Many of you know that I lost my cousin, Katy Hendry in March, 2013 to colon cancer. She was a beautiful, vibrant young women who had a love for people. In her honor and memory, the Katy Hendry library was established at the LCC later that year. Each trip, team members carry hundreds of pounds of books over to Kenya to fill the library shelves. Our latest hope is to add a small computer lab, and I hope to make progress on that during this trip. In April, 2014, the decision was made to open the library to the local villagers, and it has been well-used and appreciated. Adding computers, internet access, and training is a logical next step. Please join me in praying for the resources, technology, and infrastructure to make this possible. Please also join me in prayer as I explore the possibilities of formally adopting John and seek God's will regarding my continued involvement in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment